Iron preparation Gleptoferron
- Gleptoferron (Iron-(III)-dextran heptonic acid complex)
If you are interested in the Gleptoferron, please refer to the section Active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Prevention and treatment of iron deficiency / anemia in piglets
- Prevention and treatment of iron deficiency / anemia in calves and piglets
Pharmaceutical forms and presentations
- 10% injection in 100 ml glass bottles
- 20% injection in 100 ml glass and plastic bottles
- 15% for oral application in 100 ml glass bottles
The different concentrations are also available in bulk form in plastic containers for local aseptic filling of the finished product. Please look under the section Active ingredients.
- 2 ml 10% by intramuscular injection during the first 3 days of life
-1 ml 20% by intramuscular injection during the first 3 days of life
- 1 ml 15% orally once during the first 12 hours of life, to be repeated by a dose of 1 ml after 8 to 12 days
- 1 ml 15% orally only once with the first colostrum
- Comparative studies show higher haemoglobin concentrations and haematocrit levels with Gleptoferron during the first three weeks of life of piglets.
- European Union
- On request
Regulatory status, indications and product information may vary from country to country.
Product descriptions provide basic information and are not usage instructions.
Please observe the approved product information.